Experience the “Realization of your African Dream”
Umzantsi Afrika, which means "South Africa" in the local XHOSA language, operates out of of Port Elizabeth with its abundance of safe, golden sandy beaches and proximity to world class, malaria-free game parks
Umzantsi Afrika Tours
Umzantsi Afrika Tours offer a variety of tours and options for the local and international tourist
Our list of services include Multi-day tours, Day tours, Self-drive tours and tours especially designed for Ship passengers docking at Port Elizabeth Harbour. Our speciality lies in tailor-made tours for you, your family and your budget. Browse the links for the current tours on offer or contact us to discuss and design your South African holiday.
** Check out our new Accommodation page to choose your stay
in one of the local hotels or lodges **
Garden Route Self Drive Holidays
Umzantsi Afrika Self Drive Tours offer international tourists an affordable alternative to scheduled tours
Umzantsi Afrika Self Drive Tours have a proud record of helping thousands of visitors enjoy an exciting self-drive in South Africa at their own pace and in their own time.
Self-Drive or FIT (Flexible Individual Travel) tour option is one of the most cost-effective ways to tour Southern Africa and the Garden Route.
Umzantsi Afrika Garden Route or Port Elizabeth Self Drive allows you to tour South Africa and Garden Route at your own pace with a large degree of flexibility. Choice of car hire allows you to then spend more on other things like accommodation. Select a tour itinerary of your personal interests, inc – history, culture, wildlife, nature, sightseeing, shopping, adventure activities, bathing, sport, or simply just a lovely relaxing holiday.
Booking with Umzantsi Afrika Garden Route Self Drive Tours you will be:
- Met on arrival at the airport in South Africa
- Presented with all your documents
- Escorted to the car rental counter
- We are on call 24 hours a day if needed
- You will be presented with all your vouchers
- Provided with a Garden Route Tour itinerary with recommended activities and places to visit
We are available to design a special Garden Route Tour itinerary especially for you and your interests. You have a choice of accommodation from 3* to 5* luxury hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, Guesthouses or Game Lodges.
Reasons to visit South Africa and the Garden Route:
- South Africa is a diverse country – its landscape and its people
- Our wildlife is known worldwide to be the unique
- Vibrant history, culture and variety of activities available
- South Africa has some of the best climates in the world
- Experience the unique hospitality of South Africa
- Great value for money and food and wine culture second-to-none
About Umzantsi Afrika
Umzantsi Afrika Tours has been in operation since 2002
and is run by Lyn and Peter Haller
- Lyn is Operations Manager as well as a THETA (SATOUR) qualified and registered tour guide. She was born in South Africa, a descendant of German and British settlers and has a great passion for her country's fauna, flora and historical heritage.
- Peter is an Austrian-born citizen who has been a resident in South Africa since 1969. He is a qualified, registered tour guide with THETA (ex SATOUR) and is fluent in both English and German. He has extensive experience in cultural, nature and geological/fossil tours.
Garden Route Tours
Highly varied types of South African and Garden Route tours - tourist sights, fauna, flora, historical sights, fossils and cuisine
All tours can be tailor-made for you - please ask..
Family-friendly approach - children welcome
Umzantsi Afrika Tours offers guests the opportunity to create their own packages, choose from a variety of activities and create a more personalised adventure.
We are happy to accommodate everyone regardless of age, fitness level and considering factors such as budget, duration, and time.
If there is something particular that you would like to see or special that you would like to organise - a honeymoon with champagne or a surprise for someone - we will go out of our way to make your experience a memorable one.